Emergency Rental Assistance
St. Joseph’s Family Center provides rental assistance to low income individuals or families on a one time basis only to help with a rent.
Key Terms and Conditions:
- You must be a resident of Gilroy or San Martin.
- We cannot help with deposits, only rent that is past due or impending.
- You must be able to prove that you can meet the financial obligation due the next month without assistance.
- We can only pay a part of one month’s rent.
- You must meet certain income level guidelines (i.e. HUD, City of Gilroy).
- The amount of money requested on your application is subject to approval by the Director or funds available.
- Check will be mailed directly to the individual property owner or housing management company.
- It takes three to five days after approval to issue checks.
1. Provide Valid Photo ID
- Valid California Driver License
- California ID Card
- US Passport
2. Verification of Income
- Check stub (recent date only)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) letter showing income
- Social Security check stub or letter
- Unemployment check stub or letter
- Worker’s Compensation check stub
3. Verification of Local Address
- Rent receipt for previous month’s rent
- Water bill
- PG&E bill
4. Verification of all dependants living in household
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Card
- School ID
5. Rental Contract and Landlord information
- Name, address and phone of Landlord
- Copy of Rental Agreement
- Eviction Notice if applicable
6. Seeking assistance with 1st months rent
If you are seeking assistance with your 1st month’s rent, please print the following forms for your landlord to fill out. In order for us to remain compliant to government agency laws, it is necessary for your landlord to fill out a W-9 in the event that a 1099 may need to be issued.
7. Seeking assistance with Past Due rent
If you are seeking assistance with past due rent, please print the following forms for your landlord to fill out. In order for us to remain compliant to government agency laws, it is necessary for your landlord to fill out a W-9 in the event that a 1099
may need to be issued.